Being raised in a Latin household Melissa Deza has always been fascinated by art, music and fashion. After moving to LA County in 2015 her appeal for the arts and fashion has only grown. Since working in marketing for the past three years, she’s decided to pursue her passion for writing and is excited to be joining the A Girl in LA team!
- My staple clothing item is… a denim jacket. I always bring it with me to add to my outfit or in case it gets a little breezy at night but not cold enough for a leather jacket. I’ve put pins on it that i’ve collected over the years and it’s become my favorite piece in my closet.
- I would never leave home without… Mario Badescu facial spray with aloe and rose water. It’s a perfect spritzer to reset your makeup or to get that fresh feeling at any time. I usually spray my face with this on my lunch or before meeting a friend for happy hour after work.
- I stay fit by… doing pilates! It’s such a great workout with real results. I love the feeling I have after finishing up. I go at 6:00am to get my day started.
- In my spare time I… write poetry, read a good book, or meet up with some friends to catch up.
- The first thing I do in the morning is… brush my teeth!
- My favorite labels / designers are… Stella McCartney, LPA, Free People, Valfre, Marc Jacobs, Rebecca Minkoff, Steve Madden, the list goes on…
- The one thing I’ll let myself splurge on is… skincare products.
- If I had to describe my style in one word… confident.
- My guilty pleasure is… animal style fries from In N Out.
- My beauty essentials include… Glossier Wowder, Luminious eyelash mascara, Glossier boy brow, Kat Von D Ink eyeliner pen, Urban Decay setting spray, Kiehl’s midnight serum and Mario Badescu seaweed night cream. These are staple items I use in my everyday makeup and skin care routine.
- My favorite musicians/band are… Banks, Lana Del Rey, Frank Ocean, Patti Smith, Beach House, Devenedra Barnhart, Cherry Glazerr, SZA, The Smiths… my Spotify playlists are all over the place.
- My favorite quote is… where there’s a will there’s a way.
- My favorite TV show is… I’m a sucker for the Bachelor. I also love The Newshour on VICE.
- My favorite magazines are… Rookie Mag, Cosmopolitan, People.
- My current favorite fashion obsessions are… I love to do a crop top with loose fitting jeans. I’m also a big fan of wrap dresses.
- My favorite places in LA are… The Hollywood Forever Cemetery, Little Tokyo, Home restaurant in Silver Lake, and the Ace Hotel. The Avalon and The Regent Theatre are great venues to hear live music.
- One thing I’ve never done but would love to do is… swim with dolphins.
A Girl in LA Facebook: A Girl in LA | A Girl in LA Instagram: @agirlinla | A Girl in LA Twitter: @agirlinla | To write for A Girl in LA, click here | Email: For any business inquires or suggestions email email@example.com