Meet the founder of a Girl in LA.
Growing up on the East Coast Kristie Woszczyna moved to Los Angeles in 2011. While pursuing her degree in Business Administration, she started her career in Fashion PR and working in showrooms in DTLA. Having a passion for writing, and a love for fashion, she decided to combine the two and created A Girl in LA in 2016.
- I would never leave home without…my cellphone.
- I stay fit by…eating healthy, running, and strength training.
- In my spare time I…like to explore new places, cook, layout by the pool, go to the beach, shop (obviously), read, listen to music, go out with my friends, and spend time with my boyfriend.
- The first thing I do in the morning is…drink a Red Bull and read my emails.
- My style inspirations are…Zoe Kravitz, Vanessa Hudgens, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kate Moss.
- My favorite labels / designers are…Nasty Gal, Chaser Brand, Wildfox, VidaKush, Zara, Rag and Bone, Rebecca Minkoff, Tory Burch, Sam Edelman, Jeffrey Campbell, Miu Miu, Balmain, House of Harlow, Tarina Tarantino, Gypsy Warrior, Gypsy 05, Planet Blue, Topshop, Christian Benner, DimePiece LA, Ella Moss, Alice and Olivia, For Love and Lemons, Child of Wild, Henri Bendel, Kate Spade, Matthew Williamson, Sass and Bide, Alexander McQueen, UNIF, Rails, Joyrich LA, Jeremy Scott, Supreme, Converse, H&M, Free People, and vintage pieces.
- The one thing I’ll let myself splurge on is…a unique jacket, or anything vintage I fall in love with.
- If I had to describe my style in one word…I wouldn’t be able to. I go from boho, to grunge, to polished, to girly. It changes daily.
- My guilty pleasure is…dessert from Bottega Louie.
- My beauty essentials include…La Mer under eye cream, Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 Moisturizer, Smashbox Primer, Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint, Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer, NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette, Urban Decay Naked Eye Makeup Palette, Smashbox Waterproof Kohl Liner, Smashbox, Photo Finish Lash Primer, Smashbox Mascara, NYX Born to Glow Highlighter, and Tarte Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette.
- My favorite musicians / bands are…Blood Orange, Kendrick Lamar, Empire of The Sun, Jedi Mind Tricks, Lana Del Rey, De Lux, The xx, J. Cole, The Rolling Stones, Bowie, Tupac, Biggie, Shyne, Ki:Theory, Daft Punk, Nine Inch Nails, Health, MGMT, Autograf, Tame Impala, Bob Marley, Washed Out, Twin Shadow, Grandtheft, Lany, The Doors, Guns n Roses, The Beatles, A$AP Rocky, Jimi Hendrix, Mobb Deep, Marvin Gaye…there’s so many.
- My favorite magazines are…Nylon and Vogue.
- My favorite places in LA are…Urth Caffe, Bottega Louie, Wasteland, Topanga Canyon, No Vacancy, Shutters on The Beach, Malibu Pier, and Abbot Kinney. I’m currently working on a blog post about the best places to go in LA.
- One thing I’ve never done but would love to is…go sky diving.
- My favorite areas of Los Angeles are…DTLA and Venice.
- My favorite TV show is…right now, Big Little Lies.
- When it comes to fashion blogging, most people don’t realize…that its time consuming and takes a lot of work.
- My staple clothing item is…my Topshop moto jacket, or my G-Star jean jacket—they both go with everything.
- My favorite quote is…“Find what you love and let it kill you.”–Bukowski. (I have it tatted on my arm.)
- Facebook: A Girl in LA
- Instagram: @agirlinla
- Personal Instagram: @officialkristie
- Twitter: @officialkristie
- Snapchat: @officialkristie
- Email: For business inquires, suggestions, or to just chat, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To write for A Girl in LA, click here